This is a supervisory level accounting position with primary responsibility for accounting and financial reporting for Family Guardian Insurance Company Limited and its subsidiaries.
Key responsibilities include the oversight of general ledger accounts with supervisory responsibilities, along with the preparation of internal and external reports.
The position will also include communicating and building positive working relationships with internal and external parties, and assisting in the development of other staff members.
- Providing direct oversight of the Benefits and Payment unit to ensure that expenditures and benefits payments are paid in accordance with service level agreements, as well as providing coaching and development of staffmembers
- Monitoring of budget versus actual, along with analytics to explain variances
- Monitoring and processing of key accruals
- Reviewing and verifying the accuracy and completeness of financial and accounting transactions
- Preparation and submission of the monthly department expense reports to the various department heads
- Preparation and filing of the quarterly returns to the Insurance Commission of the Bahamas (ICB)
- Preparation and filing of the VAT returns and processing of payment in accordance with regulatoryreporting
- Monthly maintenance of the Company’s Fixed Asset Register and analysis
- Preparation and submission of the quarterly premium tax returns
- Monthly processing of the commission payments for the Company’s brokers and agents
- Oversight and reconciliation of the key control/suspense accounts in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures and established deadlines
- Assisting with the external audit process and providing other assistance in the department as needed
Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 5-10 years of experience in an accounting environment
- Strong accounting and financial reporting background
- Strong supervisory skills
- Strong understanding of controls
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to coach and develop others
- Strong administrative skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Please visit https://www.famguardbahamas.com/careers to submit an application along with a résumé and accompanying certificates by April 20, 2021.
FamGuard thanks all applicants; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Senior Financial Accountant