Family Guardian Insurance Company Limited is seeking to engage the services of an accounting and financial professional on a contractual basis to assist with key functions within the Finance Department, inclusive of daily and project-related tasks.
Summary of Job Requirements: An experienced accountant responsible for assisting with special projects and other day-to-day financial and operational tasks.
- Lead and assist with the oversight of special projects related to IFRS and other key system changes.
- Assist with preparation of reports and monitoring of key performance indicators on a monthly basis.
- Monitor and update project budgets on a bi-weekly basis.
- Research technical accounting issues and provide recommendations to Senior Management.
- Assist with the development of key accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development of a systems framework related to IFRS 9 and 17.
- Assist with regulatory reporting, including renewal of business licenses.
- Provide back-up assistance for management, as needed, in various areas of the department.
- Collaborate and successfully interact with other leaders in the organization to achieve performance targets.
- CPA or equivalent (ACCA)
- Minimum 5 to 7 years industry experience
- Minimum 2 to 3 years in a managerial role
- Excellent project management skills
- Sound knowledge of IFRS 9 and 17
- Strong understanding of accounting processes and internal controls
- Sound knowledge of insurance accounting (Life and Health Insurance)
- Intermediate to advance Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Ability to work outside of office hours
- Strong team player
Senior Accounts Professional (Contractual)