- Maintain knowledge of standard cleaning methods, practices, tools and occupational hazards and safety rules;
- Perform common cleaning tasks to maintain a clean work place by ensuring the schedule is followed to address sweeping, mopping and vacuuming floors, cleaning walls, floors, surfaces and windows, throwing out the trash, and other cleaning duties
- Ensuring that the halls, lobbies, kitchens/kitchenettes, offices and cubicles are thoroughly cleaned in accordance with FG standards.
- Restock bathrooms and kitchens/kitchenettes with daily supplies, ensuring cleanliness and hygiene in restrooms and other places in the building.
- Continuously assessing and monitoring the cleanliness and hygiene of facilities and equipment, escalating current and potential problems.
- General maintenance and premises requests as listed on schedule
- Replace any blown light bulbs/fluorescent tubes noted
- Make simple repairs that do not need professional help. Such repairs can include cleaning wall panels and the like.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of standard cleaning methods, practices, tools and occupational hazards and safety rules
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong ability to manage time effectively
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively by receiving and interpreting instructions clearly
- Ability to lift items of 50 lbs. or heavier on a daily basis
- Ability to withstand repetitive bending, pushing and pulling
- Strong ability to work quickly and accurately and to cope with large volumes of work
- Ability to proactively resolve issues independently
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact with a wide range of customers and maintain a friendly helpful manner
- Strong organizational skills (e.g. capable of meeting realistic time frames for completing assignments and achieving results; capable of operating independently with minimal direction, while keeping the Manager informed of changes to plan, potential problems or issues, etc.)
Resumés with accompanying certificates should be forwarded via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 14, 2021.
FamGuard thanks all applicants; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Custodian / Domestic – Freeport, Grand Bahama