- Maintain knowledge of standard cleaning methods, practices, tools and occupational hazards and safety rules;
- Perform common cleaning tasks to maintain a clean work place by ensuring the schedule is followed to address sweeping, mopping and vacuuming floors, cleaning walls, floors, surfaces and windows, throwing out the trash, and other cleaning duties
- Ensuring that the halls, lobbies, kitchens/kitchenettes, offices and cubicles are thoroughly cleaned in accordance with FG standards.
- Restock bathrooms and kitchens/kitchenettes with daily supplies, ensuring cleanliness and hygiene in restrooms and other places in the building.
- Continuously assessing and monitoring the cleanliness and hygiene of facilities and equipment, escalating current and potential problems.
- General maintenance and premises requests as listed on schedule
- Replace any blown light bulbs/fluorescent tubes noted
- Make simple repairs that do not need professional help. Such repairs can include cleaning wall panels and the like.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of standard cleaning methods, practices, tools and occupational hazards and safety rules
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong ability to manage time effectively
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively by receiving and interpreting instructions clearly
- Ability to lift items of 50 lbs. or heavier on a daily basis
- Ability to withstand repetitive bending, pushing and pulling
- Strong ability to work quickly and accurately and to cope with large volumes of work
- Ability to proactively resolve issues independently
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact with a wide range of customers and maintain a friendly helpful manner
- Strong organizational skills (e.g. capable of meeting realistic time frames for completing assignments and achieving results; capable of operating independently with minimal direction, while keeping the Manager informed of changes to plan, potential problems or issues, etc.)
Custodian / Domestic