- Ensures all company expenses and benefits payments are paid timely in accordance with department’s current service level agreement
- Imports the daily payment files for the key divisions into the Sun general ledger; checks and compares supporting procedural documents, invoices, etc. prior to release; and processes system cheque runs and release of cheques by TROY cheque print to remote and in-house locations
- Reviews journal entries prepared by Junior Accountant for Corporate vendors and performs Corporate Cheque runs twice weekly
- Assists with the oversight of the Cheque Run control accounts on a daily basis and ensures that all transactions are cleared from the control accounts prior to the close of month-end reporting.
- Posts the routine day-to-day and month-end close accounting entries
- Initiates electronic transfer wire payments on a daily basis (with assistance) and distributes to the Accountants for posting
- As necessary, liaises and follow ups with approved banking institutions on matters related to banking errors, stop payments, etc.
- Analyzes and processes monthly and quarterly bills, rent payments, real property tax, and other general and administrative expenses
- On a monthly basis assesses budget to actual for operating expenses and accrues where necessary for FGI and FamGuard subsidiaries
- Processes credit card expense reports in accordance with company policies and procedures by the established deadlines and manages the monthly credit card aging report
- Assists with the processing and payment of Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Assists with the processing and payment of commission
- Assist with the monitoring and processing of petty cash
- Provides back-up assistance for other Accountants in the department as needed
Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting preferred 5-10 years of experience in an accounting environment
- Strong bank reconciliations technical expertise and proficiency required
- Good communication and computer skills
- Strong administrative skills
Please visit https://famguardbahamas.com/careers to submit an application along with a résumé and accompanying certificates by April 9, 2021.
FamGuard thanks all applicants; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Accountant II, Benefits & Payments