This is an entry level underwriting position focused primarily on group medical & life and other ancillary products. The responsibilities includes providing support to other underwriters and collection of census and data to ensure accurate pricing for new business and compilation of historical experience data relating to premiums and claims to effect adequate renewal rates for existing business. It also includes communication with other business partners including marketing, accounting, enrolment, claims and underwriting and actuarial consultants to ensure that timely and accurate information is collected, reported and disseminated.
- Assign files to the underwriters on Capsil
- Update Capsil when requirements received
- Receive, organize, and distribute all underwriting evidence to the underwriters
- Request all Attending Physician Statements and follow up with Doctor's office when applicable
- Communicate with field force, marketing assistants and branch managers
- Request cheques for bills for services
- Prepare samples for lab collection
- Prepare files for cancellation - ensure log is current
- Prepare worksheet for agent chargebacks for requirements
- Assign reinstatement files - ensure log is current
- Meet or exceed department objectives in regards to time service, customer service and final actions
- Effectively use all tools, systems and processes required by Family Guardian
- Cross-train with New Business Coordinator and fill in as necessary
- Willingness to pursue continuous learning and development
- Impeccable dress and presentation
- Understanding of the Company's brand and ability to represent the Company
- Positive attitude
While the foregoing outlines your basic duties, you will be expected to assist in other areas as required to promote the on-going growth and development of Family Guardian which may include special projects, assignments and activities as appropriate.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Associates Degree or equivalent preferred
- At least 2 years Industry experience in risk assessment, preferred
- Technical knowledge and proficiency in industry underwriting and rating practices, preferred.
- The understanding of stop-loss terminology, underwriting guidelines and the process and related calculations for rate adjustment factors
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Skill in using a personal computer as well as Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Access
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- FLMI and ACS designations or equivalent
Résumés with accompanying certificates should be forwarded via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 13, 2019.
FamGuard thanks all applicants; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.