This role is responsible for the organic growth of the business of BahamaHealth, providing proactive leadership and oversight to the Business Development unit; identifying rising business opportunities and building long-term relationships with agents, brokers, prospects and clients in an effort to increase company revenue and maximize profits. The position is responsible for providing market intelligence, supporting product development, enhancing communications, overseeing the development of marketing literature and for offering analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrates professionalism, knowledge, initiative and innovation to increase the level of customer satisfaction and the profitability of the organization
- Provide leadership for the Business Development Unit to effectively manage all of the established objectives for the area including the goal of increasing customer satisfaction and achieving growth and overall profitability of the area while setting strategy and direction for the unit
- Coordinate all aspects of prospective and renewal activity, ensuring timeliness, accuracy and completeness from the commencement of the opportunity through to the finalization of the sale or renewal inclusive of submission to the Underwriting unit, subsequent review, analysis, negotiation and delivery
- Conduct market research and analysis related to product enhancements and competition initiatives
- Monitor and ensure timely, accurate and professional standards are being maintained with service to all stakeholders; clients, administrators, internal customers, agents and brokers while meeting regularly with team of direct reports to evaluate, enhance and improve operational efficiency
- Prepare and submit timely financial and operational management reports related to all areas of responsibility, including data analytic and identification of trends for proactive decision making regarding business activity, results achieved and measurement against goals and objectives providing progress updates on outstanding projects and initiatives being pursued
Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant job experience required; ACS, PAHM, FLMI designations or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the health profession;
- Healthcare knowledge and/or Insurance Commission of the Bahamas Life & Health Sales Licensed is a plus
- Ability to develop staff, foster teamwork and effectively work as a team member whilst providing leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal with an outgoing personality, organizational and analytical skills with propensity for accuracy
- Proven ability to multi-task, work effectively without direct supervision and deliver superior customer service
Resumés with accompanying certificates should be forwarded via email to email@example.com.
FamGuard thanks all applicants; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Manager, Business Development, BahamaHealth