This position supports the production of financial information related to: Policy Reserves, IBNR, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and reporting for various lines of business. Additionally, this position is responsible for product development and pricing of life insurance products and includes some collaboration with our Health actuarial consultants. The incumbent will work along with various other departments within the Company on the implementation of IFRS 9 and 17, as well as the implementation of the new policy administration and reinsurance systems.
- Oversee the production of reserves for future policyholder benefits of long term insurance contracts using the Canadian Asset Liability Method (CALM) of reserving.
- Oversee the calculation of the Capital Adequacy Ratios and other key performance indicators as determined by the business.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports as required by the regulator.
- Ensure adherence to the Company’s asset-liability management policies in relation to the reserve process.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Oversee the completion of experience studies for long term insurance contracts including mortality, persistency, expenses, and on-going review based on emerging group and industry experience.
- Completion of monthly data analysis and validation of the change in business in-force, i.e. new issues, lapses, surrenders, death claims, maturities etc.
Internal Client Support
- Support financial reporting and experience analysis issues for other departments.
- Support the development of new products and conduct profitability studies on existing plans.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Fellow of Society of Actuaries or Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Experience in capital and asset-liability management or ALM functions
- Comfortable with number-intensive environment and performing complex calculations; analytical; methodical; with a high level of attention to detail; focused and decisive
- Knowledge of CAPSIL preferred
Resumés should be forwarded via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 28, 2019.
FamGuard thanks all applicants; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.